A proud new member of The Tasting Alliance
Beginning this year, The New York World Wine & Spirits Competition (NYWSC) is a full-fledged member of The Tasting Alliance, the parent organization of the world-renowned San Francisco World Spirits Competition and San Francisco International Wine Competition.
The San Francisco Competitions are the nation’s most influential competitions for a reason, and both have earned an exceptional reputation among consumers and in the wine and spirits trade.
As an Alliance member, the NYWSC will now receive the benefits of the professionalism and efficiency of the San Francisco Competitions’ management team.
The Tasting Alliance competition difference
Tasting Alliance competitions are committed to these three founding principles:
Founded in 2000, the San Francisco World Spirits Competition is one of the oldest and largest spirits competitions of its kind. And—with a history lasting over 35 years—the San Francisco International Wine Competition set the standard for all wine competitions that followed. Over the decades our operation developed into a fine-tuned masterpiece that blends passion and professionalism. We’re extending this passion of ours to The New York World Wine & Spirits Competition, which already has a legacy of excellence spanning eight years.
Throughout our judging process, we emphasize integrity and impartiality. Our blind tasting procedure guarantees that every entry is judged fairly and given equal consideration and scrutiny. With such a system in place, you can be sure medals from the New York World Wine and Spirits Competition are earned rather than given.
Over its nearly two decades of existence, the San Francisco World Spirits Competition has become the nation’s most respected spirits competition—due in large part to our esteemed judges. Nearly four decades ago the San Francisco International Wine Competition established the standard in the wine industry. Likewise, our New York World Wine and Spirits judges are screened to be of the highest regional expertise. Our seasoned judges can and will indicate if your product is among the very best in its category.
What does a NYWSC medal mean for you?
NYWSC medal winners range from some of the most renowned international distillers and wineries to small-batch craft producers and boutique wineries for whom our awards have proven to be a game-changer. Not only is a NYWSC medal a testament to your hard work, it’s a universally recognized indicator of exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
Our medals are valuable sales tools that can garner a flood of attention from press, industry experts, and consumers. In a saturated marketplace, winning an NYWSC medal sets you apart from your competitors while giving you opportunities to further promote, market, and position your product to consumers.
We can help
Throughout every step of each Competition, we want to help you succeed. We’ll answer any question you may have during the application process. Once you win a medal, we offer a wealth of tools and resources to help you turn your success into marketing gold:
- All Gold, Double Gold, and Premium Award winners will be listed in the November 2018 issue of The Tasting Panel Magazine, which reaches over 75,000 beverage-trade decision makers.
- Bottle stickers are available for purchase to help increase visibility and distinguish winning products on store shelves.
- High-quality, high-resolution medallion imagery is available for licensed use in winners’ online, print, and POS materials.
- All winners receive a complimentary marketing toolkit prepared exclusively for Tasting Alliance competition medalists. the toolkit provides valuable ideas, tips, and strategies for promoting your award to increase visibility and maximize sales.
- All NYWSC winners receive preferential pricing on select point-of-sale printing services from our POS print partner, First in Print.
- Throughout the year, the Tasting Alliance hosts numerous media, consumer, and trade tasting events around the country to showcase its Competition’s top winners.